Read below to learn more about the process of working with me. I’m committed to ensuring that you’re satisfied with my work; thus, I give authors three opportunities to review my edits and express any concerns. I believe that this type of feedback is important and will produce the best overall product.
Step 1: Send Me a Sample
If you think that I might be the right editor for you, send me an approximately 1000-word sample with a short description of your manuscript and editing needs. I’ll return an edited version of your sample within three business days. At this stage, there is no commitment to make a purchase. If you’re happy with the results, we can move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Deadlines and Deposits
I next quote the project based on word count. This quote is firm and will not change. We then agree on a schedule and deadline for the project. For jobs over $200, I ask for a 40% deposit (paid via PayPal or credit card) before beginning work.
Step 3: Quality Check
This step is key to ensuring that you are happy with the end product. I’ll edit approximately 25% of your manuscript and return it for you to review. This gives you an opportunity to express any concerns about my work or to ask me any questions about the editing process. If you’re happy with the way things look, I’ll edit the remaining 75% of the text.
Step 4: Finishing Up
Once I’ve finished editing the manuscript, I’ll invoice you for the total cost of the project minus the 25% deposit paid in Step 2. Once payment is received (via PayPal or credit card), I’ll return the completed file. I like to give authors one week to review my work again and express any concerns about the end product.
Get Started with a Sample!
Ready to get started? Complete the form below and upload a copy of your sample (approximately 1000 words). This contact form accepts .doc (unfortunately not .docx) and .pdf files. (If your file won’t attach, you can e-mail it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.)